The 01/02/15 Sunday Hack Session was a busy one; including a surprise appearance from freakyclown!
- Getting the Atmel AVR toolchain working (or not!) on linux
- Discussing the development of a Pick and Place machine
- Deploying the SHH members area (with help from SoMakeIt)
- CNC machine designing in CAD
- Waxing accordion reeds using improvised hot plate
- PCBs being drawn and etched…
(After struggling for a couple of hours to get the ESP8266 to work, the shield was removed to discover that the oscillator crystal was 90 degrees out of orientation as shown in the picture. A quick desolder and resolder made the ESP8266 work instantly!)
We had a great day with plenty of people popping along for a few hours, but there is always room for more. We hold regular hack sessions so please feel free to join us next time to see what it is all about!